Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bluetooth AVRCP failure

I learned that the mysterious behavior of the AVRCP (audio/video remote control protocol) failure on my HTC G1 is actually systematic and repeatable. If the phone is sleeping when the Bluetooth device is powered on, AVRCP will not be setup correctly. However, if the phone is awake, the connection will proceed perfectly. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the logs for a successful setup (left) and a failure (right):
It appears that the failure occurs because the phone doesn't initiate the A2DP connection. Note the time differences between the "AT sent OK" and "Auto-connecting A2DP" for each scenario. I have posted this on the Cyanogenmod issues tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=611

I've also been looking through the Cyanogen code, but I haven't noticed anything yet that would cause the device's behavior to change based on whether it is sleeping or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment